Margaret MacMillan. The Sleepwalkers. Christopher Clark.
- An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations - The Illustrated Edition (The Kirkcaldy Edition);
- Keyword Search?
- 21st Century U.S. Military Manuals: Ministry in Combat Marine Corps Field Manual!
- Balkan breakthrough : the battle of Dobro Pole 1918.
- UnderDwell: Reaching the Surface!
- Bulgaria in the First World War - HALL - - Historian - Wiley Online Library.
- Setting the Virgin on Fire: Lázaro Cárdenas, Michoacán Peasants, and the Redemption of the Mexican Revolution.
Bob Carruthers. July Sean McMeekin. The End of Tsarist Russia. Dominic Lieven. Europe's Last Summer. David Fromkin. The Balkans. Misha Glenny. David Jordan. The Incredible Tito. Howard Fast.
Oliver Thomson. The Last Romanov. Norbert Mercado. The Russian Civil War — David Bullock.
ISBN 13: 9780253354525
Through Hitler's Back Door. Shadows on the Mountain. Marcia Kurapovna. July Crisis.
Hitler's Jihadis. Jonathan Trigg. Red Sun Rising. Nick Shepley. The Flight Of The Romanovs. John Curtis Perry.
Chiang Kai-Shek. Emily Hahn. Other First World War. Douglas Boyd.
Fall of the Double Eagle. John R. Philip Jowett. The Month that Changed the World. Gordon Martel. The Russian Revolution. Nik Cornish. The Unprevented War. Bill Price. Prelude to Blitzkrieg.
- SharePoint Designer 2007 Workflows - Understanding SharePoint Journal Vol 1 Issue 4.
- Balkan Breakthrough: The Battle of Dobro Pole 1918!
- Balkan Breakthrough: The Battle of Dobro Pole 1918 (Twentieth-Century Battles).
Michael B. How War Begins. John Keegan.
- Unexpected Comfort: A collection of short stories by Jacklynn Lord.
- Balkan Breakthrough: The Battle of Dobro Pole 1918.
- Account Options?
- Suzettes Dating Guide - How to Attract Mr. Right - 12 Steps To Dating With Success For Women over 50.
- The Greville Memoirs A Journal of the Reigns of King George IV and King William IV, Vol. I!
- WikiZero - Vardar Offensive.
- Simple and Easy Muffin Top Recipes;
Scott S. Crown of Thorns. Stephane Groueff. Strategy and Power in Russia William C. Fuller Jr. Churchill and Tito. Allalra Library Borrow it. Library Links. About FAQ. Embed Experimental. Layout options: Carousel Grid List Card. Include data citation:. Copy to clipboard Close. Cite Data - Experimental. Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces. Link Analysis Experimental. An attack later that night did secure the peak. The two French divisions were then ordered to remain in position while the Serbian Timok and Yugoslav Divisions moved forward.
By the end of the day, Bulgaria lost approximately 40—50 percent of the 12, soldiers involved in the battle, including 3, prisoners of war , 2, dead and 50 out of the initial artillery pieces.
Balkan Breakthrough, The Battle of Dobro Pole by Richard C. Hall | | Booktopia
Entente casualties amounted to 1, Frenchmen and Serbians killed in action. On the morning of 16 September, the Serbians overran the Kozjak mountain range and the Golo Bilo peak. They were joined by the 35th Greek Regiment which crossed the Poroi river and later marching on Topolets. The attack was rebuffed with the loss of Greeks and roughly the same number of French lives and attempts to take the area were suspended.
The 1st Division Group moved into a position on the Poroi river north of Brahovo in conjunction with the Timok Division. The Allied command ordered its air department to continue attacking all bridges on the river Vardar. The Greeks rapidly descended from Golo Bilo and then began climbing the cliffs of Preslap with their bare hands.
The Preslap garrison proceeded to abandon their positions and retreat eastwards. Having lost their artillery cover forces at Zborsko followed their comrades in retreat. An Entente air raid destroyed another bridge north of Razim Bey. Bulgarian forces failed at putting a stop to the Allied offensive, abandoning their wounded and large quantities of military equipment. By the end of the day, Allied troops had advanced 15 kilometres 9. Immediately following the battle, Entente forces were defeated in the Battle of Doiran at Lake Doiran on 18 September.
However, the breach of the defensive line at Dobro Pole enabled the Allies to penetrate into Vardar Macedonia and send reinforcements to Doiran. The Bulgarians rushed to the defense of their homeland, abandoning Vardar Macedonia, in order to prevent a future occupation by the Entente. Having suffered heavy losses at Doiran, the Allied forces allowed the Bulgarians to peacefully withdraw over the border. A combination of multiple factors, including combat fatigue and poor supplies, led to the Radomir Rebellion.
On 25 September, a band of Bulgarian deserters who had previously fled from Dobro Pole arrived at Kyustendil , looting the city and putting the Bulgarian High Command to flight. On 27 September, the leaders of the Bulgarian Agrarian National Union took control of these troops and proclaimed the establishment of the Bulgarian Republic. About 4,—5, rebellious troops threatened Sofia the following day.
Under those chaotic circumstances a Bulgarian delegation arrived in Thessaloniki to ask for an armistice.